Between Pierre Soulages and Pascal Dusapin, another major artist of our time, admiration and esteem are reciprocal, so the composer has enthusiastically accepted the proposal made by the painter to write a new play as part of this tribute to the Louvre.
In 2020, the International piano competition of Orléans goes into partnership with the Musée du Louvre for work creation by Pascal Dusapin, “Piano Works: n°3 – “Black Letters” (Editions Salabert – Universal Music Publishing Classical). Commission with the support of Ernst von Siemens Music Foundation.
Soulages – Dusapin
Anssi Karttunen, cello
Nicolas Hodges, piano
– Piano works – Pièce n°1 : “Did it again”
– Iota – 50 notes en 3 Variations – For Magnus for cello
– Piano works – Pièce n° 2 : “Next piece”
– Invece for cello
– Piano works – Pièce n°3: “Black Letters”, commission of the musée du Louvre and the International piano competition of Orléans, worldwide creation
– Slackline for cello and piano
© 2023 OCI Piano - Legal notices - Conception et réalisation Think Ad Communication